Professional Advisors: Why Community Foundations
Benefits of Charitable Giving to Community Foundations
Here are some reasons why a community foundation makes an ideal partner for assisting with your clients’ charitable giving.
- Community foundations provide a full range of services for your clients.
- You remain in control of your client relationships while partnering with the local expert on philanthropy that helps you provide a full range of services to your client.
- Community foundations provide maximum federal and state tax benefits, tailor giving plans to meet your clients’ particular needs, and provide a more simplified and cost effective alternative to a private foundation.
- Community foundations have deep knowledge about their communities and can help your clients be more effective in their giving.
- Your client can donate a variety of assets, from cash and appreciated stocks to real estate and more complicated assets. These can be assets they give now or later, as part of their estate plans.
- You may stay connected with your clients across generations by helping them establish and maintain a charitable legacy for their children and grandchildren through a foundation fund.
- Community foundations employ staff that are oriented toward donor-service, are skilled in solving complex gift situations, and have the ability to assist the client that desires confidentiality.
- Many community foundations offer the donor the option of allowing client's gifts to remain invested with the client's current money manager.