REGION III Peer Learning Event:Is your Community Foundation making grants that matter? PROVE IT!
Wednesday, September 26
Location: Flint Hills Discovery Center
315 S. 3rd Street, Manhattan, KS
11:00 a.m. Golfing at Colbert Hills (Optional)
4:30 - 6:00 p.m. Enjoy Discovery Center Exhibits
6:00 p.m. Dinner and Drinks
6:30 - 8:00 p.m. Program
Community Foundation staff, board members, and grants committee members, please join us as a panel of three program officers, Marilyn Hull, Douglas County Community Foundation, Marsha Pope, Topeka Community Foundation, and Elaine Dhuyvetter, Greater Manhattan Community Foundation, talk about the grant making and follow-up process their foundations go through from start to finish. Learn from peers new ways to:
• Attract grant applications that fit your foundation’s mission
• Perform an effective and efficient grant review process
• Avoid Conflict of Interest issues within the grants committee
• Get the word out to your community about the grant awards given
• Ask for grantee accountability
• Report grant results to the community where they are making a difference
There will also be plenty of time for questions and group discussion to allow peer learning.
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact the Greater ManhattanCommunity Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (785)587-8995.
Registration for this event has closed.